Rachel's Caramelized Onion & Roasted Red Pepper Jam
- 1 large yellow onion thinly sliced (about a cup packed)
- 1 large red pepper - roasted, seeded, peeled, and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons + 2 tablespoons MOV Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon (+/- to taste) MOV Cayenne Agrumato Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt - to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
During the last five minutes of cooking, add the chopped peppers, ground black pepper, and continue stirring and cooking. Add the hot pepper-onion mixture to the bowl of a food processor along with one tablespoon (if desired) of Cayenne (Fused) Olive Oil, along with two additional tablespoons of Oro Bailen Arbequina. Process to desired consistency - or like a smooth paste. Adjust seasoning with additional salt and pepper if desired.
Spoon in to a jar and allow to cool. Serve with vegetable crudites, crackers, pork, chicken, sausages, as a replacement for Sriracha, or catsup, with fries, over eggs, with roasted potatoes - essentially, with everything.
Can be stored in a sealed jar, chilled for up to a week.
Makes about 1 cup of savory jam