Christin's Butternut Squash Soup
Courtesy of Christen Saucier, RDN, LDN - Monadnock Nutrition Services
- 1 large butternut squash, roasted and hollowed out
- 1 large white or yellow onion, diced
- 2 TBS MOV Butternut Squash Oil
- 2-inch piece fresh ginger, minced OR 1 TBS MOV ground ginger
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 TBS NHHS Curry Powder
- 2 TBS MOV Coconut Balsamic Vinegar
- MOV Sesame Oil
- NHHS Sea Salt
- NHHS Peppercorns
- Sauté onion and fresh ginger in butternut squash oil over medium heat until translucent.
- Add in curry powder (and ground ginger if using) and stir 1 minute
- Add chicken broth, coconut milk and butternut squash. Stir, and bring to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add coconut balsamic vinegar, plus salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish with Sesame oil, and enjoy.