Quinoa Vegetable Salad
Complements of: Nancy Elder, Milford, NH
- 2 Cups cooked Quinoa (1 cup Quinoa to 2 cups water)
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 large handful chopped parsley
- 2 tsp. fresh dill (or 1 tsp. NHHS Dill Weed)
- 1/3 cup currants (or raisins or other dried fruit)
- 1/2 cup MOV Extra Virgin Olive Oil*
- Juice of one lemon
- 2-3 Tbls. MOV Balsamic Vinegar*
Lightly blend salad ingredients.
Blend dressing & pour over salad; mix & let the flavors blend a couple of hours before serviing.
* I like using a fruited vinegar such as MOV Blackberry-Ginger Balsamic with MOV Extra Virgin Olive Oil or MOV Honey-Ginger Balsamic with either MOV Blood Orange Olive Oil or
MOV Valencia Orange Olive Oil.
The great thing about this recipe is you can change the amounts to whatever you like!